Getting a glimpse of Chandni Chawk

I visited Chandni Chawk today.  My daughter as a kid always imagined that it was a place where you get your CHALK supplies for the blackboard.  Initially, even I used to find this place a bit too crowded and confusing but believe me as you get familiar, this place has a life to it. You get almost everything here to make your day.

When I visited there I had little idea that I'd be sharing the experience here but it is worth sharing.

When we step out of Chandni Chawk Metro station and walk past that narrow lane leading to the bustling road with activities, we just cross the road and move towards Kinari Bazaar. Kinari Bazaar is famous for Gota, Lace, fancy flowers, beads and what not to make your dress a perfect fairy godmother given types. You get almost all variety here.

In the vicinity, Nai Sarak is famous for wedding shopping especially lehnga and saris. Moving a little further you visit Maliwada - a lane famous for Rajasthani ethnic saris and dresses. 

While doing your shopping, you may get your fingers licked at Paranthe Wali Gali or gorge on some of sumptuous kachori or chholey kulchas there. I also tasted one 'white cream like sweet delicacy' but I don't remember the name and it melted in my mouth before touching the throat, which was amazing. I would love to know its name, if any of you please get what I tasted.

Now, one of my most frequented place is - when we got on the main road again, we have Krishna Cloth market for designer and routine wear Indian cloth materials, mainly ladies suits,though you have some good shops for men's suiting also. Rates may need a bit bargaining,here.

Near Fatehpuri Mosque,we have Meghraj Sweets. I have had sweets there and liked them too but just outside the masjid, when you have Chaina Ram you can easily forget any other shop. His sweets are just awesome and we are literally brought up on his Karachi Halwa on every Diwali since childhood. I just loved his sweets and believe me I'm not alone, thousands swear by him.

One of most frequented place by me is Khari Baoli for dry fruits, spices and pulses. It's not just the rates but the quality and variety in quality that you get there is something which you are smitten by.

Many aspects of Chandni Chawk are still unexplored by me. I hope I'll get to know them one by one and would also like it if you could add to my knowledge...





Comments

Trending Posts

सिलाई मशीन में कौन सा तेल इस्तेमाल कर सकते हैं | Sewing Machine Me Konsa Oil Use Kr Skte Hai