Why Sewing is Cool and liberating?

Stitching is stylish and cool. It makes you 'independent'. Learning sewing liberates you. It can make you relieved on emergency situations. If you know even the basics, you can invent and reinvent your style and wardrobe with changing seasons without worrying about the pockets.It can be your bread and butter also if the need arises.

It is the most productive,time saving, economic and money saving hobby, which none of your parents would discourage you to pursue (most of them encourage as hobby only, not as profession;though it's a full fledged money minting profession, which gives you lots of name and fame)

When I was a kid, I was always in awe of my mother making those beautiful things for us on her weekends.  She had a full time career but still she used to manage time to create those lovely dresses for us on different occasions.

When I grew up a bit to choose my career, my Dad insisted that Tailoring (Fashion Designing was all the same for him) was not a profession worth consideration ("How can you be a Darzi after studying so much?" was his exact expression.) but my heart was always where my hands were - on making things out of those tit bits of clothing.


After working on the technical and administrative fronts for many years, finally I am here with all that I experimented with and tell you why stitching is not time consuming and boring but it is a fun and a creative pursuit which can never cease to amaze you .


Stitching is very empowering. I remember when I was not confident about my stitching I used to run pillar to post to try every other boutique to get the right fit and get my dresses stitched on time but achieved success very few times.


Sometimes we lay our hands on really beautiful pieces of clothe but getting them stitched gets a hole in our pockets because the stitching cost is exorbitant as compared to the peanut cost of the clothing.


And then, many a times we find ourselves helpless to explain the designs in our mind to our tailors and designers and it seems 'if only I could just knew how to do it'.


Last but not the least, how and why we forget to get all those beautiful dresses altered because some day or one day I could do them and wear them. But alas that one day never comes because there is nobody who could guide us how to even alter our Ready-to-Wear dresses which are not at all wearable without a stitch here and there...


So, let's come with me and we explore the opportunity to learn something today :)

Comments

Trending Posts

सिलाई मशीन में कौन सा तेल इस्तेमाल कर सकते हैं | Sewing Machine Me Konsa Oil Use Kr Skte Hai